We’re founded, led and powered by some of the brightest minds in business IT, who are passionate about using technology to help people and to drive lasting change. But this wasn’t happening after 08 years of dealing with telecom providers who caused more problems than they solved. UK businesses clearly deserved better, and we saw the opportunity, so Tech247 was born.
Tech247 offers a complete suite of innovative IT solutions to empower small and micro-businesses with less stress and more productivity.
With years of experience in the industry, our team of experts is equipped to handle all of your computing needs. Whether you’re looking to move your existing infrastructure or are starting from scratch, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
What we did
There are a number of WordPress tips and tricks to make your website as impactful and user-friendly as possible — we’ve listed 20 of them below to help you do just that.
1. Focus on the basics and create a great user experience with a WordPress theme that complements your business and website content.
2. Use dashes and not underscores when naming your files in WordPress. Google looks as underscores as joiners, meaning your file will look like one big word. That won’t help you with your SEO. Use dashes to make it obvious there are separate words. (For example, use www.example.com/this-is-an-example, not www.example.com/this_is_an_example).
3. Use WordPress’ online support for any questions or concerns you may have while creating or using your website. There are a number of forums and ways to reach out to WordPress experts listed on their website.
4. Use Image Alt Text to your advantage. Image Alt Text can be used to improve your SEO and Google rankings.
5. Keep your sidebar as organized as possible. Stick to the essentials and think about what your website visitors and buyer personas really need quick and easy access to.
6. Back up your website regularly, so if you ever lose access or have technological difficulties, you have everything you need to completely restore your content. There are a number of plugins, such as Snapshot Pro, made specifically for backing up your WordPress content.
7. Learn and understand SEO basics to ensure your website is completely optimized so you can boost your conversions.
8. Create a custom homepage. As mentioned earlier, WordPress will provide you with a default homepage. Take the time to create your own with a theme that works for your business — remember, this is your visitor’s first impression of your business, blog, or portfolio.
9. Keep an eye on your website’s performance and know what is and isn’t working for your visitors. There are a number of useful WordPress plugins, as well as Google Analytics software, to help with this performance.
10. Include an “About Us” page on your website to show your visitors you’re a trustworthy person and/or business. “About Us” pages are known to be the second most-visited pages on websites (after homepages) — so introducing yourself is important.
Results & Stats
The site launch was a success, meeting the aggressive timeline, and making the client and investors happy. We are continuing to work with the company on digital marketing projects to build on the new site and further optimize it, generate leads, and promote conversion.